Thursday, May 9, 2013

Request: Blue to Red Gradient

As you may know, I have a gallery on DeviantART where I have a rather large gallery of my past (and current) work. If you want to check it out, you can either click here or on the tab above marked "DeviantART". I'm still posting there as well as writing on my blog so both sites will intertwine and coincide with each other. 

Pretty much what I'm getting at is that a follower on my DeviantART page had a request for me. Yay! My first request!!! She wishes to remain anonymous so I'll just refer to her as Ani.



Ani actually requested a couple designs, but here is the first. She asked that I do a gradient from dark blue to red. I started with red (The Thrill of Brazil by OPI) as my base color, then sponged the red along with a dark blue (First Mate by China Glaze) on top. I took the liberty of using a blue glitter (Stroke of Brilliance by Essie) to break up the design and add a little variety. I hope she doesn't mind.


I used a sponging technique to create the gradient. It's really an easy way to create an awesome look. If you want to learn how to do a gradient nail, check out my tutorial here. ^_^ I learned this technique from PolishAndPearls/MissJenFABULOUS. If you don't already follow her, you should! She has some great, fun, and easy nail art tutorials and nail related posts as well as YouTube videos. Plus, she has a great eye for color combos.


To be honest, I didn't have much faith in this design when I received it as a request. I feared that the gradient would be really dark and the red might make the blue look purple. But I'm glad to say that I was wrong. Flat out wrong! The blue held onto it's color beautifully and the red stayed vibrant. I think it would make a really good 4th of July manicure! Just use silver, white or gold glitter instead of the blue on the accent nails. I'm gonna have to remember this when we get closer to July. ;)

All my thanks goes out to Ani. I hope she, and everyone else, loves this mani as much as I do. :) Enjoy! 
~Samantha Rae

-----

Red: The Thrill of Brazil by OPI
Blue: First Mate by China Glaze
Glitter: Stroke of Brilliance by Essie


*Polishes purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment