Friday, October 25, 2013

U is for...

Hey everyone! I'm back (a day late) with another ABC Challenge entry! And this one is semi-Halloween themed.

But first, while I'm talking about the letter 'U', This morning I went to the grand opening of an Ulta store! The store is in a very tempting location for me: 15 minutes from my house. Literally, it is in the same parking lot as my work. The Grand Opening events were a little intimidating to say the least. Walking into such a crowded and  loud store wrecked havoc on my nerves, but I made it through and even got a *FREE* $5 off coupo just for walking in the door! So I purchased my very first bottle of OPI Nail Envy. I'm so excited to try this stuff out. My nails have been peeling like a mother for the past 6 months and everything I try doesn't seem to do much of anything. So here's hoping this does exactly what everyone says it does. 

Okay... ONTO THE DESIGN!!!





I had a lot of fun with this one. I grabbed every green nail polish I own and set to work, trying different green color combos until I got it just right. Because when we think of Zombies, we all think of their green, rotting skin. I decided to go with a gradient for the background. I faded the colors starting with the lightest at the tip of the nail and let it get darker the higher up; Green With Envy by Sally Hansen Insta-Dry, Gaga For Green by China Glaze, and Starboard by China Glaze.


The stamping was actually easier than I'd expected, even if it did take me a while to choose which images to apply, lol. I stamped with Holly-Day By China Glaze, and chose tombstones and hands from plates HD04 and HD03 from the Bunny Nails Holiday Set. I then added grass blades with a slightly blue-er green, Exotic Encounters by China Glaze.

I'm really happy with how this design turned out. It was really fun to create and is exactly as I pictured it in my head (which rarely happens). It's not horribly gross or gory, just a classic rendition of the idea. Which is my favorite kid of designs.

I really hope you enjoyed this as much as I do! Thanks for reading!!!
 ~Samantha Rae

Interested in the other designs in this collection?
A-I / J / K / L / M / N / O / P  / Q / R / S / T / U / V / W / X / Y / Z
-----

Background gradient:
Green With Envy by Sally Hansen Insta-Dry
Gaga For Green by China Glaze
Starboard by China Glaze

Stamping: Holly-Day by China Glaze
Grass: Exotic Encounters by China Glaze

Hands: HD04 (Bunny Nails Holiday Set)
Tombstones: HD03 (Bunny Nails Holiday Set)

*Polishes and plates purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. 
I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment