Friday, January 17, 2014

Lace and Roses...

I finally have some nail art from this year to share with you! XD Yay!





 Right after Christmas, every year, I always get into a "spring" mood. It's like the day after the holiday season is over my mind switched to pastel colors, flowers, and warmer weather. I blame it on my love for all  things related to Easter... but maybe that's pushing it a little to far.


I did my usual pink roses, all of the bottles I used are nearly half empty because I use them so much. I started with a base color that is my all-time favorite light blue: Bahamian Escape by China Glaze. I dotted some random dots on my ring and thumb fingers with a medium pink; Dance Baby by China Glaze. Then I added the base of the leaves with Starboard by China Glaze. Once that was dry, I went in for the details with a light pink (Something Sweet by China Glaze) and light green (Gaga For Green by China Glaze). I filled in the blank areas with some white dots using my White Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen.

The lace stamping was easy too! I used White Konad Special Polish and a Pueen Plate Pueen 28. This design is usually on an angle but my nails are so short that I just place the design parallel to the tips of my nails. Topcoat and done!


I really love the way this design turned out. I've had this look in my head for a long time, waiting for the right stamping plates to become available. And the second I opened the Pueen Stamping Set on Christmas morning I knew exactly which design I wanted to do. I cant wait to do this design again closer to spring. XD It's too cute to only do once.

I hope you enjoyed this design and look at me; posting twice in one week! YAY!

~Samantha Rae

-----

Base: Bahamian Escape by China Glaze
Pink Base: Dance Baby by China Glaze
Pink Highlight: Something Sweet by China Glaze
Green Base: Starboard by China Glaze
Green Highlight: Gaga For Green by China Glaze
White Sally Hansen Nail art Pen
White Konad Special Polish

Lace Stamping: Pueen28 (Diagonal lace, left design)



*Polishes purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment