Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Justice League!

Took a little break from my usual red, white and blue kick I hit this time a year. Surprising, right? Well, I completely blame my sister. She's been playing Holy B@Man Musical non-stop for  few weeks and she's got me hooked too. Thanks Rachel. So, to commemorate the musical, I thought I'd pain a few  characters on my nails. Of course, they're also part of the Justice League. You know. Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman?




Now I hope you recognize a few of them. And in case you don't, here is a breakdown. ;)

The Green Lantern. Now I'm not going to lie. I don't know much about this character. I was under the impression that he was an alien, but according to the Wiki page he's just a normal dude who has a magical ring.
I used Four Leaf Clover by China Glaze as the base and symbol color. The white is acrylic paint!

Wonder Woman. She's my favorite. Maybe it's the 'girl power' thing... but she just rocks. I mean, according to the Wiki page, she is a "heroine fighting for justice, love, peace, and sexual equality". What's not to love about that?!
I used The Thrill of Brazil by OPI as my base color. The symbol is in yellow and black acrylic paint.

Superman. He's epic and an alien. Faster than a bullet, can leap a building in a single bound... he can do it all. And what's unique about him is that he IS Superman. Clark Kent, his human form, is his alias.
I used No Room For The Blues by OPI  for the base. The logo was done with red and yellow acrylic paint.

Batman. What can I say about Batman that you don't already know? He's a vigilante who fights crime in the dark of the night. Oh, and he refuses to use a gun because his parents were murdered with one. He's one of the only superheroes who is just a normal guy. No powers or anything. Just him... and his billion dollar estate.
I used Recycle by China Glaze as the base and Black acrylic paint for the logo.

The Flash. Not sure what to say about him, because this character has been retold many times. I guess all you need to know is that he can run. Really, REALLY fast.  I gotta say, I was thrilled at how spot on this one turned out. Patting myself on the back here.
I used The Thrill of Brazil by OPI for the logo and white, black and yellow acrylic paint for the logo.


One last look at the group all together. I really hope you like these. I did. A lot.  And, again, I'd like to thank Rachel for the inspiration!!! Thanks for reading!

~Samantha Rae

-----
Pinky:
Four Leaf Clover by China Glaze
White Acrylic Paint

Ring:
The Thrill of Brazil by OPI
Yellow and Black Acrylic Paint

Middle:
No Room For The Blues by OPI
Red and Yellow Acrylic Paint

Index:
Recycle by China Glaze
Black Acrylic Paint

Thumb:
The Thrill of Brazil by OPI
White, Black and Yellow Acrylic Paint


*Polishes purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment